Open to first and second year full-time students of the management programs from select B-schools in India:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA)
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIMC)
- Indian School of Business (ISB)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai (NITIE)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai (SPJIMR)
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay (SJMSOM)
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai (GLIM)
- International Management Institute, New Delhi
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
- Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education
- T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal (TAPMI)
Considering the overwhelming number of requests to expand the scope of the event, we will continue with our Wild Card Round format this year as well. This is open to all full-time MBA students from campuses not listed above. The top two teams selected from the Wild Card Round will gain a direct entry to the National Round.
- Participants can register independently or in a team of maximum two members from the same campus.
- Both team members must be from the same campus. Teams may be formed by students in their first year, or second year or a mix of both.
- A team member CANNOT be substituted at any time after the registration. The left-out team member can choose to participate independently.
- You can register for the competition on this website starting August 8, 2018. Click here to register.
- Registrations will be open until close of submissions.
- There is no fee to register or participate.
- Teams registered after the stipulated timeline will not be considered for the next round.
- The detailed format for submissions for each of the two rounds will be shared with you as and when the case study is released.
- Please explicitly mention all the assumptions (if any) you make to solve the case. You can incorporate those as part of your submissions for each round.
- No additional documents/slides beyond the set limit shall be accepted for evaluation.
- We encourage you to carry out secondary research while working on this case (just as a consultant would do). However, please ensure all your data points are obtained through authentic and reliable sources and should be mentioned in your submission.
- Every finalist would be assigned a mentor from GEP who will help them fine-tune their submission for the National round.
Online Round Submission
- Solutions submitted via this portal only will be considered for evaluation. Please check Case Study Challenge page for submissions.
- The case submission will be open from 14th August to 11:59:59 PM on 3rd September. Please note that a countdown timer will be active during this period on the page. No solutions will be accepted post the deadline.
- Teams are required to prepare a PPT for their final solution. The PPT files along with other supporting documentation can be uploaded in the form of a .zip or .rar format file (maximum size of 15 MB). Files that exceed this size will be disregarded.
- Please name your submission file as <Institute Name>_<Team Name>. For e.g., if you are a student of ABC college and your team name is XYZ, your submission file should be named as ABC_XYZ.
- Teams can submit their solutions throughout this period for as many times as they wish to.
- Each submission will be reviewed and scored by a panel of unbiased industry experts who have sound knowledge on the subject.
- The presentations will be scored based on your industry knowledge, problem-solving and strategy-development skills, analytics capabilities and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- From the submissions received, we plan to shortlist the top five teams for each participant college (not valid for wild-card campuses). However, the final selection is contingent upon the quality of responses received.
- The Campus Round finalists will get a chance to present their solution to a panel of seasoned GEP consultants. One team will be selected as the Campus Winner and will be offered PPIs as well as get an entry to the National Round at the GEP Mumbai campus.
- Colleges not listed under Participant Colleges are also eligible to participate in GAMEPLAN SEASON 8 as part of wild-card campuses.
- Teams from wild-card campuses need to send in their solutions as part of the Online Round submissions.
- Based upon the quality of responses received, we plan to shortlist two teams who will get a direct entry to the National Round and square off against other teams to compete for the ultimate prize.
- The Campus Winners from each participant college as well as the top two wild-card teams will be invited to the GEP Mumbai office for the National Round.
- We plan to shortlist the top 3 who will then present to the GEP Global Leadership Team on the same day. The winner and runner-up will be judged from this round.
- All travel (for all participants) and accommodation (for outside Mumbai campuses only) expenses and arrangements for the finalist teams participating in the National round will be taken care of by GEP.
- Results would be declared on the GAMEPLAN website and shared via email as well.
- Please ensure to regularly check the case completion timeline.
- Please send us your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond as soon as we can.
- We would encourage you to follow the latest updates on our Facebook group as well at https://www.facebook.com/groups/gep.gameplan.
- We will also conduct a Facebook Live event, where we will answer your questions; stay tuned to our Facebook group for details on this event.